Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lament for a dead laptop...

You know how you're always hearing that you should back up the data on your computer. Apparently, they aren't kidding. My less-than-six-months-old laptop went kaput on Thursday, leaving me with a dead hard drive and no way to access anything. I used it mainly for my PC (rhymes with Scampered Jeff) business, and actually had backed that info up about a week before, but my email is gone, my documents, a number of templates I'd developed, and...

My notes from the conference this week. All 15 typed pages of them. I'm just sick about this. I still have the compendium, with all the information speakers provided, so I will be spending time reading through all of that, hoping to jog my memory about those important off-the-cuff statements that I think are the most important thing of all.

I'll start this process as soon as I'm over this cold from hell. Hopefully I'll be able to do the information justice even without my notes.

3 comments:

Frogs' mom said...

Oh Amy - that’s awful! I took a few notes - not as many as you - but I'd be happy to "review" with you by phone some night if you’re interested. It will be like my old law school study group days
:0)

Do you have any of those techie types in your area who have the secret knowledge for recovering lost docs? Good luck!

I have a little something for your cold - follow the link:

http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=196445636&m=1566&rr=y&source=bma999

Unknown said...

You could take your laptop to Best buy have them try to recover your data. Sometimes it's not that hard, sometimes it is.... depends on the problem!

I'm sorry you lost so much. That stinks!

All 4 My Gals said...

That stinks! So sorry, I know that is more than just an inconvenience! I'm glad you are feeling better. I've been sick for FIVE stinking weeks and am just now feeling better.

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com